Pages

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

One week out

This time next week I will be en-route to Logan Airport.  I've got my passport and my shots.  I've taken my typhoid medicine and picked up my Cipro and my malaria prescriptions from the pharmacy.  I've got 2 bags of donations packed and 2 more ready to pack. 

I haven't thought too much about what I am bringing for myself-  clothes or personal stuff.  But I'm ok with that.  I can be fine with the bare minimum.

There is a woman who has been very generous and helpful in preparing for this trip, and she's asked me to bring a laptop for her.  I feel it's the least I can do.  With great thanks to a stranger (who would like to be anonymous),  I have a laptop for Dereje.  And I have my own laptop which I would like to bring so that I can dump photos and blog occasionally.  How will I bring 3 laptops with me?

And then,  of course,  there is the difference between ready and "ready."

No comments: